Queensland Higher Level Skills Program
The QLD Higher Level Skills Program is an initiative of the Queensland Government under their reform action plan, Great Skills. Real opportunities.
The program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access one subsidised training place in selected certificate IV level and above qualifications, or priority skill sets. Further information about the Higher Level Skills Program is available in the QLD Higher Level Skills student fact sheet.
Are you an owner, manager or employee of a small business in Queensland?
The Higher Level Skills Program supports eligible owners, managers and employees of small business to complete a nationally recognised Certificate IV in Small Business Management.
How can SETS and the Higher Level Skills Program help me?
Under the Higher Level Skills Program, SETS will provide you with a specialised small business management trainer on a one-on-one basis. Your business facilitator will help you put your business idea into practice. They will provide you with individualised assistance to help you achieve your goals, and will maintain regular contact with you to provide extra help if you experience any business problems or need other additional support.
On the completion of your small business training you will be the recipient of a Nationally Accredited Certificate in Small Business Management.
Am I eligible for the QLD Higher Level Skills Program?
The Higher Level Skills Small Business Management course is designed for owners, managers and employees of small businesses to support them to manage and build their business.
To be eligible you must:
- be a Queensland resident;
- be aged 15 or over and no longer attending secondary school;
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or and Australian Permanent Resident; and
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a certificate IV or higher-level qualification.
How much does it cost?
The QLD Higher Level Skills program is subsidised by the Queensland Government however students are required to pay a small Student Contribution fee towards the training. There is an additional discount on the Student Contribution fee if the participant qualifies for a concession. These fees can be paid by the individual or their employer and the total fees payable are:
- $49 for concessional students
- $269 for non-concessional students
Concessional student status applies when:
- the student holds a health care concession card or a pensioner concession card or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card and is named on the card;
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- the student has a disability; or
- the student is an adult prisoner.
For more information about our Fees and Refunds Policy please click here.
How can I apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to know more information about the QLD Higher Level Skills Program, please contact us to discuss your training needs.