Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funded courses
National College of Business Management is now offering CSQ funded business qualifications and short courses to eligible workers in the Construction and Building Industry.
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
How can National College Business Management help me?
Under these CSQ funded programs, National College of Business Management will provide you with a specialised small business management trainer on a one-on-one basis. Your business facilitator will help you put your business idea into practice. They will provide you with individualised assistance to help you achieve your goals, and will maintain regular contact with you to provide extra help if you experience any business problems or need other additional support.
On the completion of your training you will be the recipient of a Nationally Accredited Certificate for the Certificate IV and Diploma courses and a Statement of Attainment for the short courses.
Am I eligible for these Programs?
To be eligible you must:
- be a permanently reside in Queensland or be permanently employed in Queensland; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident or a refugee and humanitarian visa holder; and
- be an existing worker in the building and construction industry; and
- be an eligible worker in the building and construction industry; and
- not be previously funded under the Higher Level Skills – General Construction Program in the same term (for the Cert IV and Diploma courses) and not be previously funded under the Short Courses Program for three short courses in the same term (for the short courses); and
- not be an employee of an Authority or RTO; and
- not be currently enrolled in a Queensland secondary school program (check with NCBM for short courses); and
- not be a contracted trainer/assessor or Existing Worker of an RTO; and
- not be funded by an Authority for delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this program.
Are you an Existing Worker in the Building and Construction Industry?
These CSQ funded training places are available for eligible existing workers. Existing worker means that you must be a current employee in the building and construction industry with at least
one month employment relationship with your employer. You can work either full-time, part-time, casual or be engaged as a contract worker. For self employed individuals you will need to demonstrate that you have been working for a minimum of one month.
Please speak with one of friendly staff if you have any questions about the existing worker eligibility criteria.
Are you an Existing Worker?
Do you work in the construction and building industry as defined by the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Services Leave) Act 1991 (Qld) and as amended from time to time?
In order for National College of Business Management to assess your eligibility as an Eligible Worker, we will require supporting information with your enquiry and/or application including information about the type of work you physically do on a day to day basis including if you go on site and any trade certificates you hold.
Please speak with one of friendly staff if you have any questions about the eligible worker eligibility criteria.
How much does it cost?
These courses are subsidised by CSQ. NCBM does not charge any additional fees to participants funded under these programs. The fees paid to NCBM from CSQ are enclosed on the application forms.
How can I apply?
If you think you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to know more information about our CSQ funded courses, please contact us to discuss your training needs.