Certificate 3 Guarantee program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is an initiative of the Queensland Government under the 2016-17 Annual VET Investment Plan.
The program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III qualification and enable individuals to increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career further. The program also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.
Further information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee is available in the Certificate 3 Guarantee student fact sheet.
How can I access this program?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program supports eligible Queenslander’s by providing a subsidised training place, for their first post-school certificate level III qualification in priority training areas. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate III course to the student and the amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee will vary depending on the demand for skilled workers in a particular industry and the needs of the student.
How can NCBM and the Certificate 3 Guarantee program help me?
NCBM offers a number of different course opportunities under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. These include:
- Business Qualifications:
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSB30315 Certificate III in Micro Business Operations
- Hospitality Qualifications:
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- Aged Care and Disability Support Qualifications:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
NCBM will provide you with a specialised trainer and they will provide you with individualised support to help you achieve your goals. We will maintain regular contact with you to provide extra help if you experience any problems or need other additional support throughout your training. Where work placement is required we will work with you to find suitable work placement to suit your needs. We place all our students with potential employers giving you the best chance at a real world job once you have completed.
On the completion of training and work placement you will be the recipient of a Nationally Accredited Certificate III qualification to kick-start you in your chosen career.
Am I eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program?
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program you must:
- be a Queensland resident;
- be aged 15 or over and no longer attending secondary school;
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or and Australian Permanent Resident; and
- not hold or be already undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification (if you have completed a certificate III qualifications at school you may still be eligible – contact us to discuss further).
Employment status does not matter and nor is there any minimum education requirement, only the standard entry requirements for the course of study.
It is a requirement of the program that you complete a survey upon completion of the training or
Important to Note:
As you can only access the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy once, it is important you choose the right course for you to take full advantage of this opportunity. It is important that you take the time to consider and compare your training options and costs prior to signing an enrolment form or committing to a course of study which will use up your entitlement under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
How much does it cost?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is subsidised by the Queensland Government however in accordance with the funding rules, students are required to pay a co-contribution fee towards the training. There is an additional discount on the co-contribution fee if the participant qualifies as a concessional student. These fee can be paid by you or on your behalf by your employer or another third party, such as your parents, but they cannot be paid by the training provider.
NCBM has set its Certificate 3 Guarantee co-contribution prices at:
- $19 for concessional students; and
- $39 for non-concessional students.
Concessional student status applies when:
- the student holds a health care concession card or a pensioner concession card or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card and is named on the card;
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- the student has a disability; or
- the student is an adult prisoner.
For more information about our Fees and Refunds Policy please click here.
How can I apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to more information about the certificate 3 Guarantee program, please contact us at our QLD office to discuss your training needs.